Friday, March 4, 2011

One Year Bloggerversary!

Oh my gosh! It has been one year since I started blogging (February 2010)! I must take a moment to thank B. Damon, my mentor who first encouraged me to start this journey. Thanks to everyone who has stopped by, read, and taken the time to leave a comment or send me a personal email. I truly, truly, truly appreciate your words of encouragement. It has at many times kept me motivated and encouraged me to hear about your personal testimony and the encouragement you have received. I have no idea who is reading, or what the impact may be. My hope and prayer is always that I can encourage someone along the way and bring honor and glory to God as I strive (and sometimes struggle) to do what is right. So thank you so much for your support.



I am ready to take my blogging journey to another level. My original intent was to create a blog specifically about marriage and family…So I started blogging not really sure what to talk about, how to say it, how to edit it etc. But my blog has morphed into in plethora of topics including my personal story which I have enjoyed sharing. It helps me to process, and at times reflect on where I was at a particular time to where I am now. I definitely want to keep that up.

But on to the next level. I would like to start blogging about marriage and deal with some real topics in the same manner/style I have used in this blog. Let’s talk about sex, struggles, the joys, highs and lows. Let’s talk about the success stories and what really contributed to that and how others can learn from it. And let’s talk about all these things so we can not only encourage ourselves but encourage others along the way. As I think about the new adventure I want to embark on, I would like to reach out to the unknown public. People from every and all walks of life. Christians and non-Christians. I struggle to figure out how I can accomplish this, and what I should do to “put myself out there.” I wonder if I should make this new blog anonymous, so I can FREELY talk about everything I want to without fear of hurting someone I care about. What do you think?

From a logistics standpoint I would like to learn all fun gadgets I can use to enhance my blog, including uploading videos etc. I plan to reach out to a couple sisters to figure this out. If you have any ideas of how I can extend my outreach please share! Also, please feel free to share (email, tweet, Facebook etc.) this blog if you think it would encourage someone else.

Thanks again for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment