Saturday, February 6, 2010

Evangelism

I finally decided to jump into the blogging world after some encouragement from my mentor. I have a passion for building, enhancing, creating, promoting (you get the picture) successful marriages! I hope to use my talents to inspire others and provide me with an outlet to express my thoughts.

I'm not exactly sure where to start or what to talk about...Should I talk about me? My marriage? My religion? Politics? Friends? Family? Frustrations? I think I will touch on a bit of everything. I think its important that we realize that we are multidimentional...and our lives are impacted and affected by all of the above....I named this blogg The Journey because life is a journey...and this will allow me to talk about my journey in different aspects of my life.


I'll start with this...and what's on my heart right now...

A couple days ago I was telling my husband that I need to reach out more to others and tell them about Jesus...invite them to church...and be the tool that God would have me to be. I believe that as Christians we have a responsibility to tell others about Christ...Not doing so is totally selfish! I don't know why, but ever since I have been in the U.S. I have not done a good job reaching out...When I was in Trinidad I was much bolder and unafraid...I don't know what happened to me...Its not that I dont know the truth...Heck, I went to preaching school, so I should feel somewhat confident in my knowledge...

I think I lacked zeal...I allowed myself to enter a comfort zone where it was okay to not talk about God at work, or not talk about church for fear of being labeled "one of those fanatical Christians." I know I am not that, and I truly should not be afraid of what others think...What I should be afraid of, is what God thinks.

I have decided to have a renewed spirit...and challenge myself to not only live as God would have me to, but also to give others the opportunity of know Him...

Dear God,

Please help me to be bold and brave as it pertains to telling others about you...Please help me not to fear rejection but to understand that my duty as a Christian is to simply teach the gospel...I pray that I will not be bothered by what others have to say, but take comfort in knowing that I am living a life that is pleasing to you.

In Jesus' name...Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment