Friday, March 26, 2010

What if I invited Jesus to Church?

I wonder if I invited Jesus to church if he would be met with stares and judgment from the people based on the way he looked.


I wonder if I invited Jesus to church with his dusty feet, and run down shoes, with holes in it if we would look at Him and wonder “He don’t realize he’s in the Lord’s house?”

I wonder if I invited Jesus with his raggedy hair…that was long, if people would point and say, “He can’t be holy, he looks just like the world!”

I wonder if I invited Jesus to church with his “poor man’s clothing” if the people would look at him and say, “Doesn’t he know he’s supposed to wear his Sunday best?” AKA three piece suit.

It’s amazing that the King of Kings came to earth and didn’t take the form of a King dressed in his “Sunday best” (purple robe)…He came as a regular man with not much to be desired. He showed us that it’s what’s on the inside of a man that counts. He showed us that he wanted us to worship him in spirit and in truth. Not with our outward appearance.

Yet today our culture has allowed us to think that we are not supposed to come to the Lord’s house unless we put on our Sunday best. Our culture suggests that we must give God our best by wearing our best…I somehow have not see Jesus demonstrate this principle when he chose not to wear the purple robe…

Can we stop for a moment to really think about what God wants from His children?

No comments:

Post a Comment