Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My Blog: My Story

The interesting thing about a blog is that you get to create your own little cyber world…a world that’s of your design. You can create the villains…and you can create the heroes…You paint a picture of the world as you want people to see it…It’s almost like putting together a photo album or scrap book. We pick and chose the pictures we put in there. These hand chosen pictures capture the joys, triumphs, smiles, milestones, first steps…Rarely does it capture hurt, heart ache, meltdowns, fears, anxiety…Where are the pictures that represent those events in our lives? But really, who wants to remember the negative aspects of life? That’s why photo albums are filled with pictures that mostly represent joy…But behind the eyes in the pictures lies hurt, heart aches, fear, pain, anger, anxiety, and suffering…A story untold.


My blog is like a photo album…I get to hand pick the stories I want to display to others. I get to share the milestones of my life with others. The only exception is that my album also has pictures of pain, hurt, anger, frustration, heart ache, anxiety etc. etc. Emotions we all can relate to at some point in our lives.

My blog allows me to express my inner soul…The part of you that most people keep hidden…The part of you that most people think should be kept private. But I have chosen to write about my life’s journey…I want you to understand that in my life I had many triumphs, but I have also experienced an array of emotions…like any other human being. So since I am writing about my life, I thought that I shouldn’t just pick and chose the pictures with the smiles, but also pick some pictures with some frowns. Because ultimately my prayer is that someone would be encouraged. Someone can read my posts and relate…Realize that you don’t have to be perfect to be happy…And that every day trials is part of life…Something to be embraced so we can learn and grow…It does not have to make you bitter…

Though our experiences are different, our cultures are different, our ethnicities are different, we all share something in common….our emotions…We all laugh, cry, feel joy and feel pain…And its through these emotions everyone from every corner of the world can relate.

We all are striving to be faithful…but along the way there are distractions…I might write about some of those…We all are striving to be loving…but along the way there will be challenges…I’ll write about that too…And we are all striving to live a wholesome life…But along the way there will be naysayers…Regardless of your story, we all share these things in common. My purpose is not to present my experiences and thoughts as the right way…but to simply talk about it…Plain and simple!

And as I walk along on my journey of life, I hope that my life can encourage someone along the way. I hope that you can see that I am not perfect, and I feel other feelings besides the permanently etched on smile on Facebook. I hope that you can see Jesus in me and that it is through Him that I am able to rejoice! Because even though I write about the pain, heartaches and frustrations, my end story always leads me back into the arms of my Lord…and I can smile again…

Have you seen Jesus? No. But I believe one way we can show others Jesus is through our lives…Our life’s story represents a testimony of the goodness of God! But we must be willing to open the door and welcome others in.

Please don’t close the door behind you…someone else is coming in…

No comments:

Post a Comment